Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BIG SPIDER THINGYS!

Well I was just going back over some of the posts and remembered something that happened the day we went four wheel witnessing.

During that day we were wandering down this lane in the absolute middle of nowhere and up in front of us I notice this weird stuff along the ground at the base of the trees.

On closer inspection the weird stuff was actually spider webs. They were clustered together in what looked like communities and had these funnel looking holes in the middle of them.

Hmmmmmmm I thunked to myself. These are strange! Soooooo Dave is down on his haunches teasing the web to see if he can get a spider to come out. Nothing happened. Well thats boring we thought to ourselves and carried on up the road. As we walked away I commented that they looked like funnel webs ie funnel web spiders but that I didnt know if they had them in Mexico.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel when we got home I jumped on the internet and typed in, what sort of spider makes webs on the ground. What should come up?????

FUNNEL WEB SPIDERS MAKE WEBS ON THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the main identifying factors is that they build their webs in communities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read further only to find that some Funnel Web Spiders are amoung the most deadly spiders in the world. If you are bitten you have 15mins to get treatment!

We were in the middle of nowhere, way more than 15mins from anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE TO SELF:::::: If I ever see any weird stuff again, keep sending Dave in first!!!!!!!! He he he
No seriously, dont go poking what you do not know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment