Saturday, May 15, 2010

IM NEVER HYPENATING MY NAME!!

I went into a store here to buy our new oven (which by the way cost a whole $190 brand new).

One of the requirements for the paper work is to fill in your name.

Well that doesnt seem complicated right, not really. Well its not really, but they do have a different system for their names here, compared to us in NZ.

In Mexico the family name of your parents is extremely important as it tells everyone what stock you are from.

So on this form I had to write my name including surname and the family surname of my father and the family surname of my mother. This then gets printed on your receipt and stored in the customer information.

So my new Mexican name is Traecy Yvonne McCall Ball Cameron!!!!!!!!

IM NEVER HYPHENATING MY NAME!! At least it rhymed until it got to Cameron......

Take a second to think of what your Mexican name is, it could be good for a laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment