Friday, September 11, 2009

I BAKED TODAY!!!!!

I had my first attempt at baking cookies here the other day, hmmm that was funny since i didnt have an oven try or anything! I used good ol, Kiwi Ingenuity and made one out of tin foil, worked quite well i have to say! The biscuits, however we another thing.

They werent burnt or anything, in fact they came out looking quite good although a little pale. They tasted alright too but i feel there was something missing in them. I think next time i will put more golden syrup in them and see if that makes a difference.

It was funny though, cos inside our house during the day its boiling hot, add to that the heat from the oven and you have more than any sauna you would pay to sit in! Oh man, I had so much sweat running off me it was quite ridiculous, hmm on second thought maybe thats why the biscuits tasted funny! Nah, just kidding. Normally i dont sweat a whole lot, so for me to be nothing but a great big pile a sweat is something. Yuck yuck yuck!

I will have another go when I feel i can brave the heat in there again. Man i wish i could bottle the heat and send to you all so you could feel what its like.

Garreth and Lisa, Im sure you know exactly what I mean!

1 comment:

  1. hola hi yes the baking!!! I remember it well, i always had the fan on me which helped ;-0
    cant remember are you in the house we were living in? please say hi to everyone sounds like things are going well! enjoy each day thinking of you
    lisa an Garreth

    ReplyDelete