Friday, August 21, 2009

The Innocence Of Youth

Well this was a funny experience I had with a little girl the other day. She is about 7yrs old.

We were studying the bible stories book and were doing the story about Adam and Eve being put in the garden of Eden. I asked her if she would like to live in a beautiful place like that? To my surprise she shakes her head no! I asked her why she wouldn’t want to live there. She points to the lions and says “its not safe to live there, the animals will hurt you”. I then told her that in Gods new world, children and animals will live together and that no one even the children will have to fear the animals. She looks at me with these wide eager eyes and says “ What did you say?” I said it again and she says “are you serious? Promise!” I said “ yes I promise and so just does Jehovah”. She then looks sideways at me with this funny look on her face and holding her little finger out to me asks me to “pinky swear” on it!

How cute is that!!! I have to say that is the first time I have had to pinky swear on the bible! I thought you would all enjoy that experience of the innocence of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment