Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THIS WAS A NEW ONE!

We do bible studies a little differently over here. This is what happened on the very first study I went on.

I went with a sister on a study with a 15 year old girl. We wandered along this dirt path until we got to this falling down house. Once there a lady came to the door. The daughter came out next and we went and sat under the house for our study. That might sound strange but here a lot of the houses are raised off the ground and are on stilt like things. They often sit under the house as its cooler there.

We sit down, on what? well I was perched on a pile of wood that would move each time I did, so getting down onto it and back up was quite a mission. Just as well I have good balance!
We start the study and Im looking around just generally noticing things. Over to my right I noticed there was pile of puppies, thats right, puppies. They looked like they were about 6 weeks old. They were sitting in a little hole one on top of the other, cute as pie. Every now and then one would get up and walk over between the three of us and have a wee or poo. There were about 3 or 4 dogs that lived at this house and they would wander through the study too. Then they would chase each other around our legs, hmm that was a new one! Then along came the rooster who had decided that 2pm in the afternoon was dawn and it should tell the world, so off it went, crowing at the top of his voice right behind me. Man it was so loud! After about 10 crows the rooster decides to go annoy someone else, phew. So then we do another paragraph and then the rooster comes running back through the study, why was he running? He had another rooster chasing him, thats why! They ran around and around and around us, it was hilarious. They would jump up in the air and fly a few feet and then run again. I sat there mouth open, quietly giggling to myself, while acting like this was normal for me, yeah Im an old pro this happens everyday in my world! YEAH RIGHT!

The funniest part was the study carried on like nothing had happened, that no dogs had run past, that no rooster crowed for 10 minutes, that no puppy pooed right next to my foot or that there was a rooster chase.

So yeah thats how we roll over here. Thats one for the books I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment